Friday, December 01, 2006

Facing Reality (v2)


From a jam-packed LRT station; from a dozen of road blocks along Sta.Cruz; from rapid walking, at last I made it.

After an hour and a half, I reached the pit stop for this leg of the race, the JS2A room. The moment I stepped inside, I thought Sir Rome would say: ”Jeraine, you're the last person to arrive. I'm sorry to tell you, you have been eliminated from the race.”

But he didn't. As I finally took my seat, all my daydreaming faded into the nothingness. I had to absorb my environment. The place was not “Pinkantadia” - the walls were just pink. I felt extreme coldness, making me think that I was inside a huge freezer; fortunately that was just the noisy air con's fault. Someone was talking in front but he was not a reality show host – he was our professor. This wasn't a reality television series - we were just having our class. And with that, I had to leave my imaginary world and face reality.

Reality? A simple word with a simple meaning. It's all about truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth. Good or bad, depending on how you perceive a thing or an event, as long as it's for real, it falls under reality. However, some people are afraid to accept it and find it hard to deal with it.

Well as for me, I sometimes tend to have a fanciful world for the sake of my happiness. Even for a while, I would love to escape from this world and forget my hardships in life. But no matter what I do, reality would always sink in to my imaginary world. It would never stop reminding me that I'm still the same person struggling to survive in spite of my imperfections.

But it made a good gap out of my “Amazing Race” dream. I found another fault in me that I really want to fix. I have realized that on the course of being a good journalist, there would have to be more road blocks here that I have to face than in Sta. Cruz. The challenges that I have to take on would be really tough. And unfortunately, I am still weak to face it.

On the other hand, dreaming of achieving something wouldn't be enough. I have to strive hard and just hope for the best. I could dream of being in a reality television series or anything that I want, but still, I know that I have to improve, not only to win in my “Amazing Race” dream, but also more importantly to win in this reality---my reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

invisible hit counter